OK I had another awe moment. Now don't get too let down by this post, I know my last awe moment wasn't too exciting. This awe moment just happened tonight while I was blow drying my hair. I seem to have a lot of time to think in the shower or while doing my hair and makeup. I think half my blog ideas come from that room in my house. I'll finally get to the moment. When I started this blog I was and still am nervous to fully expose a lot of details of my personal life. I've just had multiple situations where the Internet has not been my friend. But tonight I had this thought...How will I ever get readers that actually enjoy my posts if they don't fully understand who I am and what I enjoy...So this post is to let you, the reader understand and get to know me, the blogger better.
Silly picture but it's me!
I chose about 10 things that I thought describes me the best, so here is your invite to my personal bubble!
1. I am half Vietnamese. I know I know, I don't look at all Asian. Believe me I hear about it ALL THE TIME! But being half Asian has benefited me in a few ways, like giving me an extra point on my application for nursing and letting me eat McDonald's as much as I want and not showing it on my hips or thighs. Oh ya!!
2. In high school I only wore Dickie's pants, skater shoes, and band t-shirts. I use to think I skateboarded and longboarded, but I could do an ollie and shove-it. I use to hang out with all the skaters and my boyfriend was in a punk rock band.
3. I love being active! But not in an exercise kind of way, actually I really hate the gym! I love playing volleyball and have played since I was a sophomore in high school. I love snowboarding, down hill mountain biking, four-wheeling and wakeboarding.
4. I grew up around a bunch of mechanics and it kind of has worn off on me. I enjoy fixing and working on my own car. In fact I love cars all together! I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about the 4 wheeled vehicles and enjoy talking about, constantly looking at, fixing and riding in cars. Jeffie and I both share this love and lets just say 4 cars for 2 drivers is just slightly insane!!
5. I will soon ride a motorcycle! Yippee Skippee! I love winter but I'm super excited for summer so I can get my fun little bike out on the road for its maiden voyage! Jeff has his Harley and it will be cool to have both of us cruise down the road on our own bikes! (Mom don't be mad and I ALWAYS wear a helmet..Love you!)
Your half way there....are you bored yet?
6. Every morning when I get dressed and look in the mirror I have to ask Jeff if he likes the outfit. Why guys don't know anything about fashion....WRONG! My husband has an amazing fashion sense, you might not be able to tell behind his Levi's, Vans, and motorcycle t-shirts but he grew up at his parents clothing store and went on buying trips with them. Now if my hubby doesn't like the outfit do I change? Wrong again, I might just change one thing in the outfit but never the whole outfit!
7. I hate cooking! In fact Jeffie does 99% of it. I feel horrible about this, but lets be honest about it I don't even like making a sandwich for myself. I would much rather just run down the street and grab McDonald's than to make anything. (Thank goodness I'm half Asian once again!) I hope one day that I will grow a love for it though. Maybe when there are little Jeff and Nikki's running around...
8. It drives me absolutely nuts when you meet someone new and you shake their hand and they give you the weak floppy fish handshake! Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean you're going to break my hand if you give it a proper handshake! Honestly! I actually find it kind of disrespectful because it says to me 'oh you're a girl, all girls are sweet, fragile, and soft-talkers' NOT this girl! I can be sweet if I want too, I am definitely not fragile, might be small but I can hold my own and believe me after you read the definition to my own made up adjective 'soft-talker' than you'll figure out I'm not one real fast!
Soft-talker: A female who always portrays that their life is perfect, never shows any emotion than calm, sweet, and angelic. Someone who you purposely want to make mad just so you can see 'the real' person come out!
9. I love drinking Coca cola classic!! I could live off that stuff! I have gotten A LOT better recently only because I had a realization of how much of an addict I was. Once I stopped drinking that glorious drink I had a headache for 4 days straight! Now I drink it less but find myself thinking about drinking it daily and feel the cravings with those thoughts. Its a daily battle!
Oh my gosh we made it to the last one!!
10. I saved the best for last, how Jeff and I met! Jeff and I met in the World Religions class at the University of Utah. I saw him after the first day of class and had spoke to him on my walk back to my car. 4 days later Jeff sat next to me in class and started speaking with me, well I didn't remember who he was and that continued for about a week(I have a bad short term memory at times). But thank goodness he was persistent with me. The first time we hung out was after class one time and we went to lunch. On our way to lunch Jeff wasn't paying attention(because he had better things to look at lol) and decided to run a red light. Not just a red light that went through 2 lanes of traffic but a red light that went through 6 lanes of traffic and over 2 rail lines. We made it though that and after that lunch and not getting injured I figured everything would be great for the rest of our lives, which it has been. Best decision I ever made! Love you Jeffie!
Holy macro, we made it! Talk about long freakin post! I'm sure you have better things to do than sit here and waste your time with me. But I appreciate you, the reader and maybe will understand me slightly more. OK I'm going to get out of here. If you've read my blog multiple times and you haven't followed me yet maybe you'll follow me now that you know a little more about me. Thanks it's just motivations for future posts, have a great day!